Disclaimer:


If you have issues, or baggage, you may be offended by what you read here. I work through my self loathing of my own fat, and my own fat issues, and I’m told this comes across as loathing all fat people. That is simply not the case.

Here I talk about my issues and my findings, without political correctness. I am not concerned with your issues, or your baggage, or what you may take from this. The title is "My Journey".

This blog is not meant to inspire anyone. I take no responsibility for what you take away from here. You are here as a guest into my inner thoughts.

♥♥

Friday, April 18, 2008

The Good News is...

We had a great meeting with Logan last night. Steve and I met with him and had a conversation around current reality, what the goal is, and the steps that he needs to take to get there.

Current Reality: Not attending classes, hanging with Curtis, getting a start on the grades situation, owes 350 for the camera, owes 200 for the bike, feels like the weight of the world is on his shoulders and is suffering guilt stress stomach aches.

Goal: Pulled up grades so passing with good marks. Stopped hanging around with Curtis, because he's bad news. Payed off both debts. Feel great because did the right things and are on track to a great career.

Steps that Need to be Taken:

- Talk with Curtis and let him know that relationship is done (already done yesterday)

- Already has a good start on the homework situation. Had a good week of catching up, and feels productive. Will maintain the momentum.

- Will attend class today in the morning (it's a non instructional day) to make up missed time.

- Will attend breakfast club Tues and Thurs from 7:30 - 8:30 to make up missed time.

- Use the planner to map out school projects. Use math skills. If project is due in two weeks, figure approximately how long it will take to complete, and divide those hours by eight days (figuring Friday, Sat & Sun can be project free days) and to budget time to get projects done and done well enough to have a great grade.

- Applying for yard work job around the corner from school, to pay off debts.

- Taking $40 earned tonight and walking down to Aaron's and handing 20 to Aaron's very angry father. He is to say "I promise to pay for the bike, and this 20 is the start to show my commitment to you". He will do the same with the school librarian on Monday with the other 20.

The good news is that it was a very positive meeting, and Logan tells me that he already feels tons better because now he has a plan. He doesn't feel lost in a pit.

He also knows that if he finds himself backsliding, that I will transfer schools.

0 comments: