Disclaimer:


If you have issues, or baggage, you may be offended by what you read here. I work through my self loathing of my own fat, and my own fat issues, and I’m told this comes across as loathing all fat people. That is simply not the case.

Here I talk about my issues and my findings, without political correctness. I am not concerned with your issues, or your baggage, or what you may take from this. The title is "My Journey".

This blog is not meant to inspire anyone. I take no responsibility for what you take away from here. You are here as a guest into my inner thoughts.

♥♥

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

One would think...

You know, funny thing... one would think that if one ran a 10k on Sunday, that on Tuesday, a long run would be a breeze. But one would be sadly, sadly mistaken.

After dinner tonight I got dressed for my run. It's a balmy 13 degrees out, so I'm dressed in shorts and a T. Running belt on. Watch set. This time, because I'm not training yet for the 10k on May 25th, I decided to do something a little different. I set my watch for 37 minutes (random, but whatever). I thought "I'll go as far as I can for 37 minutes and then make my way back home, for a nice long run". At about the time that the watch had counted down to 24 minutes, I realized that there was no way in hell that I was going to be able to do this. My muscles were already screaming in protest.

So, all told, I went for a run that lasted 37 minutes, with a few little walkie breaks in there. There were moments I thought my hamstring was going to seize up, but I worked through it with some stretches and walking.

So apparently the body is tired after a 10k. Who knew?

3 comments:

Magda said...

lol.. oops I should have told you about that... takes a little while to get the oomph back :)

♥ Dee ♥ said...

In your semi-pro opinion... how long does it take to get said oomph back?

Magda said...

Depends on how good of shape your in, the better your general fitness level the quicker you bounce back.. at a moderate fitness level I would say approximately 7 days (I can go for 7-9km run 4days after a 1/2 marathon but I run a lot). I know other people need no recovery time... you're doing the right thing though.. ignore the tiredness and just go as long as you can... it'll build up your strength and endurance faster than anything else will.