Disclaimer:


If you have issues, or baggage, you may be offended by what you read here. I work through my self loathing of my own fat, and my own fat issues, and I’m told this comes across as loathing all fat people. That is simply not the case.

Here I talk about my issues and my findings, without political correctness. I am not concerned with your issues, or your baggage, or what you may take from this. The title is "My Journey".

This blog is not meant to inspire anyone. I take no responsibility for what you take away from here. You are here as a guest into my inner thoughts.

♥♥

Monday, October 27, 2008

Look what I can do!!

I made a creamy dill garlic dressing today!

Sam and I were going through the salad dressings and were blown away by the HFCS and the sodium levels. Just cuz it's fat free, doesn't mean it's a healthier option!!! So I made it a mission to find an alternative that I could eat and enjoy. I don't do non-creamy dressings, just don't like them.

Logan liked my dressing so much, he thinks I should sell it to Save-On... LOL. I'm thinking more like to folks that work and don't have time to make such things for themselves! Sam got me thinking about it when I said "it would be super easy, I'm sure" and she reminded me that with her busy schedule, the last thing she has time for is to research and create a new recipe! I'll let ya'll know how it goes. If it's yummy, I'm willing to make it up and sell it to those of us that want the healthy option WITH convenience.

Here's the ingredients in order of most to least (although the first two are equal): fat free sour cream, fat free plain yoghurt, olive oil, fresh dill, fresh parsley, freeze dried dill, garlic, pepper.

And nutritional info?

Serving Size 1 tablespoon
Calories 14
Total Fat 0.5 g
Saturated Fat 0.1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1 mg
Sodium 10 mg
Total Carbohydrate 2 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 0 µg
Vitamin C 0 mg
Calcium 24 mg
Iron 0 mg

3 comments:

Magda said...

so your only digging creaming dressings? that's too bad you're missing out on a world of fun with basalmic :D num nums

Pheonix said...

that sounds GOOD! And yes, I agree Magda... mmmmm balsamic! And I also love Asian Sesame! My all time fave! And onion poppy seed... and raspberry vinagrette... and plain old red wine vinegar and olive oil with S&P... MMMMMMMMM!

♥ Dee ♥ said...

Meh... I've had a large selection of balsamics, and they are nice. But I'm all about the creamy. And I can make a balsamic choice ANY time. There are not a lot of creamy choices out there that are healthy.

Thus my quest.