Disclaimer:


If you have issues, or baggage, you may be offended by what you read here. I work through my self loathing of my own fat, and my own fat issues, and I’m told this comes across as loathing all fat people. That is simply not the case.

Here I talk about my issues and my findings, without political correctness. I am not concerned with your issues, or your baggage, or what you may take from this. The title is "My Journey".

This blog is not meant to inspire anyone. I take no responsibility for what you take away from here. You are here as a guest into my inner thoughts.

♥♥

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Taking Measurements is IMPORTANT!!!

My weight has stayed relatively the same between August and now, but I just did my measurements again to find that I've lost a further four inches off my body! Here I thought I was maintaining, and that was it... HA!

I put on my favourite jeans yesterday, to find that I can stick my whole fist sideways in the waistband. Hm. Then today, my favourite workout pants felt weird. I haven't worn them for a couple of weeks. They feel loose, uncomfortably so.

I've lost another whole inch and a half in my waist. I now have a 32 inch waist!! In the last three months I've lost 4.5 inches, while not losing weight!

Here's my numbers (cuz I wanna brag). Remember, I started my journey in February 07.

Chest: 45.25 --> 39
Arm: 14.5 --> 11.5
Neck: 15.25 --> 13.5
Waist: 43.5 --> 32
Hips: 47.75 --> 38.5
Thigh: 25.5 --> 22.5

I've lost a total of 34.75 inches off my body. Whoa!!

I cannot stress enough to you how important it is to face that tape measure at the beginning of your journey. There were soooo many times that I was disappointed and felt like I was getting nowhere, only to take my measurements and float on a cloud. I took them only every three months or so. It wasn't something I kept top of mind by any means. I saved it for when I really really needed that confidence boost that I was going in the right direction, even if I couldn't see it in the mirror or on the scale.

1 comments:

sesame said...

DUDE! That's almost 3 feet! No kidding "Whoa!"

I am so thrilled to hear about your NSV's!!!!!

Yes, I should have take measurements. I've certainly had some regrets along the way.