Disclaimer:


If you have issues, or baggage, you may be offended by what you read here. I work through my self loathing of my own fat, and my own fat issues, and I’m told this comes across as loathing all fat people. That is simply not the case.

Here I talk about my issues and my findings, without political correctness. I am not concerned with your issues, or your baggage, or what you may take from this. The title is "My Journey".

This blog is not meant to inspire anyone. I take no responsibility for what you take away from here. You are here as a guest into my inner thoughts.

♥♥

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday Musings and NSV

Weekends for me are notoriously bad, nutrition-wise. Actually, it's not so much WHAT is eaten as how much. Either way, I'm usually around 3000 calories a day (gee, why was I fat??).

I've worked really hard today to NOT do this. I will go over, because I'm going out for dessert tonight. But instead of running around the car slashing all the tires, I've planned my day out so that it's my only real indulgence.

My NSV today is that while out shopping, in between Costco and the grocery store, my soup for lunch wore off and I was HUNGRY. My sis suggested Subway, which I jumped on. But when we pulled into the complex, I parked right in front of a japanese restaurant. Sashimi!! Yay!! A healthy choice without the bread and fixings that I would have on my sub!!

Now if I only knew how many ounces I ate. I had nine pieces of salmon sashimi. Anyone know what that would equal to in ounces???

Here's my eats today:

Br: 1/3 cup oatmeal, 1/4 cup craisins, 1 tblsp PB2 w/chocolate ( 158 calories)

Lu: 1 piece dry squirrely toast, 1 cup blue menu winter squash soup, milk & vitamin (256 calories)

2nd Ln: 9 pieces salmon sashimi (240 calories?)

Dn: pita pizza (1 organic sprouted grain tortilla, 1/3 cup skim mozza, 4 slices canadian bacon, 1 oz shrimp, 2 mushrooms, 1 tablespoon onion, 5 black olives) (370 calories)

This puts me at 1024 for the day.

While I reeeeally want the sticky toffee pudding at White Spot, I think I'll go for the apple cinnamon crumble. It's probably the lesser of the evils. I can't find the NI online. I did find the Hot Fudge Brownie, and it's 1032 calories (shit, more than my whole day of eats today!!), and the Chocolate Passion Cake ala Mode, which is 1183. So the apple cinnamon crumble is most likely the lesser evil, wouldn't you think??

Tell me if you know differently, can ya??

Thanks for listening,

Dee

2 comments:

Psalmist said...

Oh goodness, desserts can be so scary sometimes! That makes DQ seem pretty safe. lol

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Good job today! I'm not sure about the sashimi, but it can't be that bad.

Desserts are tough! How could something so good be so bad???? Ugh. I hope you stayed strong and made it through without a Sticky Toffee Pudding incident:)