Disclaimer:


If you have issues, or baggage, you may be offended by what you read here. I work through my self loathing of my own fat, and my own fat issues, and I’m told this comes across as loathing all fat people. That is simply not the case.

Here I talk about my issues and my findings, without political correctness. I am not concerned with your issues, or your baggage, or what you may take from this. The title is "My Journey".

This blog is not meant to inspire anyone. I take no responsibility for what you take away from here. You are here as a guest into my inner thoughts.

♥♥

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Aging Parents

My mom lives 12 hours away from me. She's still young, but I wonder sometimes (when I allow myself to go there) what's going to happen when she's old and decrepit (sorry mom!). It turns out there are some GREAT tools out there, such as Medical Alarm.

Remember those old ads with the lady on the floor? "Help, I've fallen! And I can't get up!" Sure, sure, we've all been smashed out of our trees and slurred that line, while our friends laughed hysterically (what, just me??), but actually, it's a damn good idea, these Medical Alarms.

The ones on this Medical Alarm page strikes me as a really great one, because it actually detects a fall. What if your elderly one falls, but cannot reach a button, or knocks themselves out, or pins their arms under something. Scary, but it could happen.

One item is a fall alert, the other is a GPS bracelet. A really good idea for those that have alzheimers, if you ask me.

It seems to me that as our parents age, we need to investigate the tools that are out there. Medical Alarms might be the way to go.

♥♥♥
♥♥♥

1 comments:

Chris H said...

Yep they are great... but just try getting YOUR old parent to wear one! PfffffT... my Mum refuses to even THINK about it.. she isn't old! Yeah right Mum!