Disclaimer:


If you have issues, or baggage, you may be offended by what you read here. I work through my self loathing of my own fat, and my own fat issues, and I’m told this comes across as loathing all fat people. That is simply not the case.

Here I talk about my issues and my findings, without political correctness. I am not concerned with your issues, or your baggage, or what you may take from this. The title is "My Journey".

This blog is not meant to inspire anyone. I take no responsibility for what you take away from here. You are here as a guest into my inner thoughts.

♥♥

Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday Already? NOT Complaining!!

Wow, this week has FLOWN by! And it has been so full, too. Having house guest (who is rather awesome) has thrown me off track, which it invariably does. Why oh why, do I seem to think that because someone is here, I can eat more? Hmmm? Last night we went for Starbucks, and I had my usual cold drink which is stupid low in calories, but I tacked on a cookie. THEN we were in Safeway, and they happen to carry the dill pickle baked chips I love that my regular store doesn't. Not only did I buy them, I took them home and ate the entire damn thing. WTF???

I definately see more excercise in my very very near future. The good news is that I did do a wicked workout on my treadmill yesterday, running then doing uphill walking while doing arm weights. My shoulders are screaming quietly at me this morning for it.

I have not been diligent in taking pics.

This has been my breakfast for the last two mornings. Knowing that I will probably indulge later, I have cut it down to 1/4 cup of each of the base ingredients instead of 1/3 of a cup. It still satisfies me nicely, and holds me to noon. I think I will be making this a permanent change.



At dinner time, I was in a dilemma. I love love love putting SF maple syrop in my mashed sweet taters. However, Steve doesn't like it. And it does make them ridiculously sweet, as the taters are so sweet on their own. So how can I get my lovely maple flavour and shut him up at the same time? I boiled a couple of maple TEA bags in the water and then used the tea to make my sweet taters. o.m.g. So good. I will definately do that again. And I deliberately did NOT ask him if he liked it, in case he didn't. If he says nothing, then it's his own fault. Right? RIGHT??




Lovely chopped sweet taters. YUM! (with lots left over, I'll be having this for lunch today, too)



Voila, dinner! Lambchop, mashed maple sweet potatoes, mixed weeks with blue cheese dressing.


And now the unveiling of my new toy... the Polar F7 Heart Rate Moniter!!!!



*pant pant pant* Isn't it GORGEOUS??? Magda covered most of it, and I sprung for the rest. There is NO way I would have justified spending for the cost of this on my own. She totally made it happen for me, and I am sooooo appreciative. And she was SO much fun shopping with, too. You would have howled at us in Coast Mountain Sports. And we play well together with the little boys, lemme tell ya. So much fun. Okay, he was like 12, the guy that helped us, but he was cuter than hell.

Then we hit a shoe store and I got to try on two of the CUTEST pairs of shoes. One was the J.Lo brand, and they were ADORABLE. But on sale at $30, I couldn't justify it after forking out for the HRM. Luckily I had a bonus at work yesterday, so I didn't even have to use my "own" money, per se.

I'm uber stoked for the weekend. I have to go shopping for my camping trip next week. I have to bake bread and make sandwiches for my party tomorrow night (Passion Party followed by Welcome Mag Party) and clean the house. I have to hit Costco at some point. And the liquor store. Gah!!! So much to do!!
I may not post this weekend. But I'll be here in spirit!!

♥♥♥
♥♥♥

1 comments:

charmed i'm sure said...

omg - that is the exact same HRM I have - same color and everything!! yahoo!! so happy you love yours! Enjoy your weekend - passion party with booze sounds rockin!!