Disclaimer:


If you have issues, or baggage, you may be offended by what you read here. I work through my self loathing of my own fat, and my own fat issues, and I’m told this comes across as loathing all fat people. That is simply not the case.

Here I talk about my issues and my findings, without political correctness. I am not concerned with your issues, or your baggage, or what you may take from this. The title is "My Journey".

This blog is not meant to inspire anyone. I take no responsibility for what you take away from here. You are here as a guest into my inner thoughts.

♥♥

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Don't Feed the Beast at Night!!

So, I've been wavering in the five pound span between 145 and 150, and truly I'm good with it. However, I could be better. Know what I mean?

I think I've discovered the secret. My after dinner snack.

I was reading on the forum and someone said how they realized they really aren't hungry after dinner, but were just eating a snack from habit. And that when she went to bed, if she was a little grumbly, not only was it not an emergency (I'm slowly discovering that hunger is not an emergency, and sometimes have to repeat that to myself as I fight the urge to beat someone to death in my need for food NOW), but it's also a victory feeling.

The last two nights I have fought the demon... and won! No popcorn. No pomegranate. Nothing. Not even a cup of tea (don't wanna pee in the middle of the night). And I have not died!! I haven't eaten Steve in the middle of the night. I haven't had any midnight fridge raids (that I know of. Gleep!). I've been fine!!

Last night I was a little grumbly in the tumbly after Biggest Loser, but I patted my tummy and smiled, and plotted my breakfast. Then I went to sleep.

I woke up this morning feeling great, not stupidly hungry. Did my shred dvd, THEN had breakfast. And I havent' jumped on the scale, but I swear I feel skinnier.

SO! No more snacking until I need it. This body does NOT require the same amount of food my bigger body did, and if I want to maintain a smaller body, I need to consume an even smaller amount of food to do that.

It's a journey of learning more than anything else. Exciitttiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

evening snacks are evil... I struggle with the SAME things! It makes sense though, you eat in the evening and your body doesn't get a chance to burn up that fuel before sleep... meh, I find when I skip the evening snack, or have it before 7 I'm usually good...