Disclaimer:


If you have issues, or baggage, you may be offended by what you read here. I work through my self loathing of my own fat, and my own fat issues, and I’m told this comes across as loathing all fat people. That is simply not the case.

Here I talk about my issues and my findings, without political correctness. I am not concerned with your issues, or your baggage, or what you may take from this. The title is "My Journey".

This blog is not meant to inspire anyone. I take no responsibility for what you take away from here. You are here as a guest into my inner thoughts.

♥♥

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Success!!

The Christmas party I went to last night was SO MUCH FUN!!! I reconnected with people I haven't seen in forever, and really really enjoyed some of my conversations last night.

The success in the title comes from the fact that for the most part, I focused on the people, not the food. But I gotta tell ya, I did indeed indulge! But only in things that were a "ten" to me.

And the things I reeeeally wanted to try, like the butter tart bars and the nanaimo bars and the chocolate covered cheesecake bites? Well, I went into the kitchen, grabbed a knife, and cut off a corner of each of the bars and had a taste. Oh, I wanted the whole bar, but one bite tastes like the next, right? And really, I wasn't hungry, I just wanted a taste. So I had it. Success!!

The chocolate covered cheescake bites were seriously calling me. I did start stressing about them. Then my darling sister asked me if I wanted to share one, which I jumped on. I was so excited! Until it was in my mouth... seriously, maybe a six. Not worth it. Desire to eat entire plate... GONE! Success!!

In past years my favourite dish at this party is the bagels with creamcheese, lox and capers. This year I had one, but the bagel is white... apparently that is no longer a ten for me. So I was able to stop at just one. Success!! (I was worried about those... lol)

I wasn't drinking, so no alcohol calories. What I indulged in was diet Dr. Pepper. I'm not a pop drinker, so to me that was decadent for 0 calories. Success!!

All in all a great party, with great people and great food and great choices. And that includes the five or six creampuffs I ate... it was a party afterall!! Success!!!

Thanks for listening,

Dee

0 comments: