Disclaimer:


If you have issues, or baggage, you may be offended by what you read here. I work through my self loathing of my own fat, and my own fat issues, and I’m told this comes across as loathing all fat people. That is simply not the case.

Here I talk about my issues and my findings, without political correctness. I am not concerned with your issues, or your baggage, or what you may take from this. The title is "My Journey".

This blog is not meant to inspire anyone. I take no responsibility for what you take away from here. You are here as a guest into my inner thoughts.

♥♥

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Yummy Yummy Yummy!!

I picked a sketti squash out of my garden. First one! Oh MAN was it tasty!

I cut the end off, then pricked it with the knife, and nuked it for 15 minutes, turning once. Then I took it out, sliced it in half, and scooped out the yuck. Using forks I shredded the inards and threw it in a bowl.

I drizzled an ounce and a half of olive oil, then threw in oregano and garlic and tossed. Then I added a pound of cooked buffalo meat that I had seasoned with Keg Steak Spice. I tossed the whole mess and let it sit for about five minutes so the flavours could marry (lookit me sounding all Food Networky!).

O.M.G. YUM!!!

No picture... I ate it too fast. *sheepish grin*

On the excercise front, I had a wicked workout today. The HRM said 1:27:50, 417 calories. I'm pretty okay with that considering it was mostly speed walking, ending with a bit of step ups with weights. Considering how badly I've been sucking ass at moving my ass, I'm feeling rather fantastic about it!

Which brings me to the sucking ass about moving my ass. I know why. It's the heart rate moniter. Now that I know how few calories I actually burn (machines lie, don't trust them), excercises that I normally did now didn't seem "worth it". So I wouldn't do them, thinking that I'll run instead. Running burns wicked calories. But there's the crunch. I hate running. So did I run? Nope. Did I do ANYTHING? Nope.

I had a stern talking to myself and told myself that burning 100 calories is a helluva lot better than burning 0 calories, and reality is that I need to excercise to build strength, not just burn calories. I kicked my ass, then got on the treadmill. You will be seeing more activity reports here, I tell you what.

♥♥♥
♥♥♥

2 comments:

Magda said...

that does sound yum :) I wish I could find that sketti squash here... :P

antgirl said...

Mmmmm. No plates for us? LOL Great on the workout, too. You go!