Disclaimer:


If you have issues, or baggage, you may be offended by what you read here. I work through my self loathing of my own fat, and my own fat issues, and I’m told this comes across as loathing all fat people. That is simply not the case.

Here I talk about my issues and my findings, without political correctness. I am not concerned with your issues, or your baggage, or what you may take from this. The title is "My Journey".

This blog is not meant to inspire anyone. I take no responsibility for what you take away from here. You are here as a guest into my inner thoughts.

♥♥

Monday, May 19, 2008

Great Day Yesterday!

I had SUCH a great day! Susan met a new friend at the hairdressers a few weeks back and they were chatting about Weight Watchers. Turns out that Rosmary is doing Core online. So Susan invited her to join us on our walk around the Sea Wall. Amber ended up joining us, too!

So the four of us made our way from Georgia & Denman all the way around the sea wall, and ended up at Tan Popo for all you can eat sushi. YUM! I tried some new things. Some were good (tempura yams) some not so much (terriyaki chicken sushi). The salmon sashimi was beautiful. Then we went for cupcakes. I made the fatal error of buying a six pack AND one to eat. So I ate my one, then on the way home I snarfed another one. Then when I got home I had to try a piece of each one to see what they tasted like. Which led to more bites, which ended up with me probably eating a full five cupcakes when you add them all together. Yeesh!

Then I got a call from Kyros and walked down to his place. Drank some lite beer with clam and played an awesome game of badminton. Steve joined us with the dogs, and we hung out for a bit, then walked home. All together I figure that I walked for about 18 km yesterday. And that does not include the badminton activity. No wonder my hips are a bit sore! Although, I sure needed to in order to counteract those damn cupcakes.

Starting tomorrow I've made a commitment. I'm determined to lose the rest of this. No more complacency! Here is what I committed to:

... excercise at least four times a week. (I can do that)
... be more dilligent with comfort levels. (It's hard, but I can do that)
... get into a routine, and live it Monday to Friday. (I've almost perfected it)
... stop making choices that I know I am not going to enjoy, that just aren't worth it. (for instance the stupid cupcakes )

When I do these things, I have results that move in the right direction, both on the scale and off. I have not been doing 100% on these things... Probably 60 - 70%.

If I kick it up 10%, what would that break down to? ... okay, how about this: I also commit to adding 30 seconds of jumping jacks, three times, to my day. (gulp, ... I can do that)

1 comments:

EricaAnn said...

Amazing Dee, you are doing sooo well!!! :) I am so sorry that I missed meeting everyone this past weekend :( And without a phone call...I actually forgot all about it in the excitement that John was coming home for 3 whole days after being gone for more than 2 weeks!!! Please forgive my absent mind! I am still working hard at the weight loss, am down another 2 lbs this week, weighing in at 161, not bad :) Thanks for the encouragement! I hope the job is going well!!!