Disclaimer:


If you have issues, or baggage, you may be offended by what you read here. I work through my self loathing of my own fat, and my own fat issues, and I’m told this comes across as loathing all fat people. That is simply not the case.

Here I talk about my issues and my findings, without political correctness. I am not concerned with your issues, or your baggage, or what you may take from this. The title is "My Journey".

This blog is not meant to inspire anyone. I take no responsibility for what you take away from here. You are here as a guest into my inner thoughts.

♥♥

Friday, December 12, 2008

Mmmmm, chunky drink!

Those that know me know that I do not see soup as a meal. It's nothing but a chunky drink to me, and frankly I feel ripped off if someone passes it off as food. Maybe it is psychosamatic but if I try to have just soup for a meal, I'm hungry again in a ridiculously short period of time.

Having said that, I'm making soup for dinner!!

Ah, but not just ANY soup. I'm making dim sum soup. My mummy showed me how when she was here last. And I've made it a couple of times now and LOVED it.

The only thing holding me back (besides the calories in the dumplings) is the sodium. So I decided to make my own broth.

I filled my soup pot half way with water, and added two whole onions (chopped). I chopped some carrots and threw them in, too. I added a sploosh of soy sauce (more for colour than flavour, I don't wanna add all that sodium in) and a good dollop of wasabi. I had some leftover honey garlic sausage, so I chopped that up into it too. The plan was to let it simmer all day and create a lovely broth.

So I go out to the kitchen to make my yummy spinach salad... and oh the smell!! So good! So here I sit, munching on my salad, with a side mug of chunky drink... hee hee hee. The only thing is... it could use some salt.

Thanks for listening,

Dee

1 comments:

♥ Dee ♥ said...

Oh, I forgot to mention the dim sum. An hour before suppertime I'll throw in the frozen packages of dim sum and bring back to a low boil. Delightfully filling and yummy!