Disclaimer:


If you have issues, or baggage, you may be offended by what you read here. I work through my self loathing of my own fat, and my own fat issues, and I’m told this comes across as loathing all fat people. That is simply not the case.

Here I talk about my issues and my findings, without political correctness. I am not concerned with your issues, or your baggage, or what you may take from this. The title is "My Journey".

This blog is not meant to inspire anyone. I take no responsibility for what you take away from here. You are here as a guest into my inner thoughts.

♥♥

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Delicious Dinner & Chick Peas

My boy needed to eat early, because there is a school dance tonight. So I scrambled around the fridge looking for a throw together dinner.

This is what I came up with:

In fry pan:
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 stalk celery (chopped, are you suprised?)
- 5.5 ounces leftover pork loin chop
- a splash of water to steam the works
- a spoosh of jalapeno hot sauce
- a couple teaspoons soy sauce

In a dish off to the side, 1 cup of whole wheat couscous and 1 cup of hot water. Throw a plate on top of the bowl and let sit while frying the above mix.

When veggies were done to the point of "I wanna eat those bad boys NOW", in a bigger bowl I dumped and fluffed the couscous, sprinkled with curry powder, added more hot sauce, more soy sauce, and the fry pan. Stirred it up and YUM! Three big bowls of goodness, for 199 calories each. Sweet Georgia Brown!

Which brings me to Chick Peas. I have a ridiculous number of calories left for the day. Like 775, ridiculous. So I finally want to make the crunchy chick pea snack I've seen repeatedly on the WW site. But can I find the stupid recipe? NO.

I googled it, but all the ones I'm finding say that they turn out crunchy on the outside, and soft in the middle. Yuck. I want crunchy, pop in your mouth, dust dry chick peas. And I recall the recipe I want, because it said to slow cook them and turn the oven off and leave them in. But I don't know the temp, or for how long to cook, or for how long to leave. Grrr.

I will figure this out. I WILL eat chick pea crunchy goodness tonight. Oh yes I WILL!!!

Thanks for listening,

Dee

3 comments:

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Sounds good! If you can't find the recipe, you can always make hummus ! MMMMMM.

Great job on Day 10 of being OP!! YOU ROCK!

Magda said...

I hate all things chickpea and bean but the crunchy ones sound like they might MIGHT have potential :) way to be creative :)

♥ Dee ♥ said...

I'm with Magda about hating all things chick pea (I do like beans... mmmm chili). So hummus is out for me.

These were tasty crunchy critters, though! Actually, the burnt ones were the best because they were crunchy all the way through.

Ever had wasabi peas? Same idea.