Disclaimer:


If you have issues, or baggage, you may be offended by what you read here. I work through my self loathing of my own fat, and my own fat issues, and I’m told this comes across as loathing all fat people. That is simply not the case.

Here I talk about my issues and my findings, without political correctness. I am not concerned with your issues, or your baggage, or what you may take from this. The title is "My Journey".

This blog is not meant to inspire anyone. I take no responsibility for what you take away from here. You are here as a guest into my inner thoughts.

♥♥

Saturday, January 3, 2009

EEEK, I did it!!

I signed up for the Biggest Loser Blog Edition - Season 2!! Deadline is tomorrow, if you want in. YOU WANT IN!!!

Come on, folks. We can totally do this thing! I'm committing to get down to 130lbs in the sixteen weeks. I'm starting at 152.8 (hangs head in shame).

I need me a kick in the ass, and this is going to be it. I'm going to be on a team, and I cannot let them down. Nope, not me. Can't do it. I've given my word, and now I'm going to give it my all.

*pant pant pant*

Okay, so I'm freaking out a lil bit. But I'm excited, too.

TODAY is the fattest day of the rest of my life. Yup, yup it is!! (thanks to Lyn from Escape from Obesity for that saying!!)

And now for a makeout session with my treadmill. Oooof. I just came back from breakfast with my son. He made open faced bagel sandwich. A white bagel covered with deli fajita chicken, scrambled egg & monteray jack cheese. On the side was a sausage, which I convinced him to boil first to get rid of the grease THEN brown in the oven. The hashbrowns?? Oh lord... baked in the oven, but he did a creamy garlicy cheese thing, with low fat sour cream (although why bother with the low fat at this point), an entire brick of grated havarti and a couple spoonfuls of minced garlic. Mix glop together, add potatoes and serve. My bowels are in knots right now.

Tonight for dinner: nutrition with a side order of nutrition!! Yes, spinach salad is on my horizon. After a couple of hours of walking on the treadmill. Or an hour of walk/run. I don't know... we'll see how long my body lasts. It isn't used to moving anymore.

Wish me luck...

Thanks for listening,

Dee

2 comments:

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Congrats, Dee! You are so brave - I have debated with myself all day over whether or not I should do it!!! The team thing is what made me too nervous to do it. I wouldn't want to be the 'dead weight' of the team and since I only have 20 more to reach my goal, I was too scared that I might not lose regularly. I also was worried about stressing myself out with it which, you know in turn, would make me end of eating a vat of chocolate. Hence, dead weight and letting the team down. Part of me, reeeeeaaly wants to do it, though. I could use the major booty kickin!

I will cheer you on from the sidelines!!! I know you can do it!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I checked it out but I'm not sure I can totally commit to it. Good luck! :)