Disclaimer:


If you have issues, or baggage, you may be offended by what you read here. I work through my self loathing of my own fat, and my own fat issues, and I’m told this comes across as loathing all fat people. That is simply not the case.

Here I talk about my issues and my findings, without political correctness. I am not concerned with your issues, or your baggage, or what you may take from this. The title is "My Journey".

This blog is not meant to inspire anyone. I take no responsibility for what you take away from here. You are here as a guest into my inner thoughts.

♥♥

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine Eats

Well, it's been a day of planning. Planning to go over, that is.

Br: Wor Wonton Soup (so delicious... )

Sn: 1/2 a Starbucks Molasses/Ginger Cookie & a Grande Skinny Caramel Decaf Americano Misto

Dn: Special Linguine (I'll post the ingredients below), spinach salad, whole wheat garlic bread (how cool they have THAT now in Safeway!!!)

BTW: Speaking of Safeway... if you live in Maple Ridge, and you like the Lemon Luna bars, they have them on the clearance rack. Other flavours are on sale in the snack aisle. I haven't tried them, but I always see them in other people's blogs. If I wasn't such a freak about clean eating as much as possible, I'd be tempted. But one look at the ingredients and Logan and I vetoed it.

Anyways, in my linguine I have these foods:

3/4 cup fat free evaporated skim
1 cup skim milk
2 cups chopped broccoli
2 oz shrimp
12 slices canadian bacon, chopped and fried
1 can artichoke hearts, packed in water (chopped)
1 medium onion, fried
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon minced garlic
basil
1/2 package of whole wheat linguine

I figure it will make 8 servings.

Tomorrow I'm going to the Keg (squeal!). So I'll be starting over on my count of days OP. Even with planning on ridiculous overeating of calories (not stuffed feeling-wise, just caloricly), I think I would feel more honest about it if I didn't count this weekend as OP.

However, I do take great pride in that I didn't free for all with that. I could have had chicken chow mein and sweet & sour pork, which I wanted, at the chinese lunch. I actually looked it up online, and the calories? OutRAgeous. I couldn't do it. I had to admit defeat. I had one bite of each of Logan's, and I relished my wor wonton. Filled with luscious vegetables, broccoli, cauliflower, fresh mushrooms, baby corn, carrots, chicken breast, a couple slices of bbq pork, 4 large shrimps and 8 won ton. Way more calories than I had planned. I had planned on just having a small wonton soup, but it was like the "other me" took over.

Again, good news though. Because in the past, that bitch is the one that overrides my order at McDonald's. You know the one... all the way up there you are planning and repeating in your head. "I'm having a chicken fajita and a fruit & yoghurt parfait". You get up to the counter and open your mouth to place your order and out comes "I'll have a double quarter pounder, plain with extra cheese & mayo, with a filet o fish on the side". As she's ringing it in you are staring wide eyed at her, thinking "who the fuck SAID that????" But it's too late... now you are eating that, so you shrug, walk away and inhale said food before the fat police come and take it away from you.

Yeah, that bitch. I opened my mouth to say "small wonton soup" and out came "small wor wonton, please". But at least this time it was a HEALTHY choice. If you can call all that sodium healthy. Definately a healthier choice than what Logan had, which, like I said, was what I wanted when I went looking this morning.

So a good day, food wise. I'm happy. Under 2500 calories from what I can figure. But you know what? With being OP for 25 days in a row, I can afford two higher days. I'm letting myself indulge... wisely. :)

Thanks for listening,

Dee

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, I wish the fat police would follow me more often - Ryan and I went through drive-thru this week, and my plan was just a cheeseburger and a small fry, which I ordered - then I heard myself practically shout out "And a larger smarties mcflurry"! What the hell?