Disclaimer:


If you have issues, or baggage, you may be offended by what you read here. I work through my self loathing of my own fat, and my own fat issues, and I’m told this comes across as loathing all fat people. That is simply not the case.

Here I talk about my issues and my findings, without political correctness. I am not concerned with your issues, or your baggage, or what you may take from this. The title is "My Journey".

This blog is not meant to inspire anyone. I take no responsibility for what you take away from here. You are here as a guest into my inner thoughts.

♥♥

Monday, April 6, 2009

I'm back

I am back from my appointment. It went... fast. She looked at the spot and agreed that the cells were "changed". The treatment is a cream that I use five days a week for five weeks. Then I let it rest for two months and come back and see her, and she checks to ensure that all of the cells are gone.

The cream burns off layers of skin. I've been warned that it gets really painful after a couple of weeks, because you are applying it to thinner and thinner skin. And the fact that it takes two months to heal afterwards... makes me sure that this is not something I'm going to look forward to.

I don't actually HAVE the cream yet, because it costs $400. I don't have enough money right now, so have to talk to Steve when he gets home. Sigh. Poor guy. I'm always a financial burden to him and it breaks my heart.

Thanks for listening,

Dee

5 comments:

sesame said...

You are always so hard on yourself... Please do not look at this request as a burden. I know Steve will happily invest in the most treasured thing to ever come into his world.

There is nothing he wouldn't do to keep you safe and healthy.

If there were ever anything to allocate his hard earned money to; you my dear are most certainly worth it (be careful not to undervalue you).

Loving you.

Sharon said...

Hope all turns out. Keep your chin up. :D

Pheonix said...

Aw man, you're making me cry over here! Darlin, don't be so hard on yourself, there's nothing "burden" like about medical situations!!!

Angela Power said...

Oh wow that IS scarry! :-( Listen girl, I'm sure you and he and everyone else in the world has spent $400 on something not nearly as important! Health is not a burden ;-)

sesame said...

Ya, I think burden was the stumbling block word for people. After our chat last night I reworded it to be "sticker shock".