Disclaimer:


If you have issues, or baggage, you may be offended by what you read here. I work through my self loathing of my own fat, and my own fat issues, and I’m told this comes across as loathing all fat people. That is simply not the case.

Here I talk about my issues and my findings, without political correctness. I am not concerned with your issues, or your baggage, or what you may take from this. The title is "My Journey".

This blog is not meant to inspire anyone. I take no responsibility for what you take away from here. You are here as a guest into my inner thoughts.

♥♥

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

PMS and other excuses...

Sure I can blame PMS. Sure I can blame the fact that I'm uber hungry this week because of it. Sure I can point my finger six ways to Tuesday. But reality is I need to point it squarely where the blame lies. At myself. I'm the one that walked up to the store and bought a double caramel mars bar. I'm the one that ate it on the way home. I'm the one who portioned out pretzels this afternoon then grabbed a muffin and ate it, too.

And I'm also the one who is still going to eat my popcorn anyways.

Outside of these listed fiascos, I'm not doing so bad. I took the dogs for a walk today. And that's all I'm doing for excercise because my legs are ridiculously fatigued. My back and hamstrings ached so bad it kept me up last night.

Biggest Loser tonight. Dare I hope that it is Ron's last show? Dare I??


Breakfast today was old faithful. Aka: porridge with pb2, almonds, banana and choco chips. Comfort food.





Lunch was stone wheat thins with Thai Chili tuna, and a spinach salad. On the salad instead of dressing I had salsa and yogurt (instead of sour cream) and instead of chips I had broken pretzels on it. Suprisingly good!





Dinner tonight is low carb. What with my stupid chocolate bar and muffin... I've gone over by about 700 calories today. *shakes head*

On the plate is roasted broccoli, onion, and baby bok choy, with grated ginger. The pork loin was done on the George Forman. I first rubbed it with a mix of seasoning salt, garlic powder, cumin, curry powder and cayenne pepper on both sides. Spicilicious.





Steve picked up my medication for me. Not even grudgingly. He's so awesome!

I'm reading the Medical Information that comes with it, and I see something I've never ever seen written on one of these before, after it lists all the side effects. Get this... "Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects."

Um.... okay. Scare me!


Thanks for listening,

Dee

6 comments:

WWSuzi said...

I am so with you on the PMS stuff!!

Sharon said...

Awh, hope all goes well! :)

Lizzie said...

great post laydee - also I really remembered how much the word 'loin' freaks me out! EEEEEWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

What's pb2?? (I am English!)

BFP xxx

carla said...

I love the look of your comfortoatmeal...and the fact you are in a firm place of ownership with regards to your actions (hello double caramel mars bar! why are you so damn good :))

BUT you exercised (and today is START WALKING DAY :)). Hard. and thats a big victory in itself.

MizFit

Angela Power said...

Your oatmeal looks sooooo good :-)

It is scary to read the side effects of any meds :-(

Sadly, no, not Ron's last night!

SeaShore said...

From what I've been reading, a lot of us are getting the PMS munchies about now. Count me in for today!

Yes, that medication notation would frak me out a bit. I'd be asking my doc about it, anyway!